- This event has passed.
The Art of Intention Setting
February 12 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm$55
Learn to effectively communicate your passions and empower students to be more mindful on the mat and in their daily lives. In this workshop, you will learn to brainstorm possible themes and choose intentions that feel rich and topical, creating classes that provide a more profound experience for your students.
At the end of this workshop, you will be prepared to:
• Cultivate a yoga class that flows like a good novel: with a beginning, middle, and end that takes your students to new and different levels of awareness, experience, and ability.
• Utilize supporting words, imagery, asanas, pranayama, and meditations that reflect your chosen intention.
• Develop and “track” your theme throughout the entire class.
• Learn how vocabulary, pacing and the volume and inflection of your voice affect your students’ experience.
• Guide students in setting their own intentions for practice.
• Learn common pitfalls when creating intentions and themes, and how to avoid them.