Gravity Surfing: An Exploration of Arm Balancing
March 25 @ 1:15 pm - 4:15 pm$45
It’s no surprise that inversions tend to create fear during our yoga practice – our world is literally being turned upside down!
Begin to experience the exhilaration, sense of power and joy that awakens within when you discover how to work with (instead of against) a fascinating force of nature…gravity.
During this workshop we will uncover the foundational information necessary to create inversion and arm balancing confidence. We will also reveal the nuisances to certain poses that will help you maintain balance and integrity throughout your gravity surfing exploration.
To make balancing poses accessible in your daily practice, each pose will be broken down into manageable stages using breathing techniques, modifications, props, partner work and strengthening exercises. Specifically, you will explore:
• Breathing exercises such as Uddiyana Bandha
• Our core and why our connection to it is crucial to arm balancing
• How to cultivate strength and awareness more intelligently
• Standing poses that create strength and flexibility to support arm balancing
• Crow, One legged crow variation, Scissors, Handstand, and more.
“Someday after mastering the winds, waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and for a second time, man will have discovered fire.” – Teilhard de Chardin