- This event has passed.
The Art of Assisting
November 12 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$65
Do you ever find yourself teaching from your “safety zone” (i.e. your mat), wishing you had the confidence to work the room and adjust your students? Or do you feel confident providing some assists but would like to learn new ways of supporting students as they deepen their experience on the mat? In this workshop, Pete will teach you how to open yourself energetically to provide healing adjustments in every pose.
At the end of this workshop, you will be better able to:
- Read students’ energy to notice which assists they need and when.
- Provide verbal and physical adjustments in any pose, helping students bring deeper awareness to their practice.
- Create opportunities for spaciousness and release by helping students stabilize and deepen poses.
- Help students align their bodies safely and comfortably.
- Be attentive to, and work with, the first signs of resistance from your students.
Learn to assist with a mindful and compassionate touch and create a more trusting connection between you and your students.
$75; $65 if registered by 10/27