- This event has passed.
2014 Lighting the Path 200 hour – 6 month Training
September 13, 2014 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm$15 – $2850
September 13, 2015 – March 1, 2015
This program builds trust in your ‘wiser self’ and shows you how to teach from your own heart’s wisdom. Pete’s experiential training uses a variety of teaching tools including: demonstration and practice, group processes, modeling effective teaching skills, practice time for teaching and adjusting students, and compassionate and honest feedback. Course content includes sequencing, hands-on assists, demonstration techniques, yoga philosophy, ethics, and yoga anatomy. The yoga style is vinyasa flow, Forrest Yoga inspired. This training is ideal for serious students of yoga and aspiring teachers.
Each weekend day of training will begin with meditation, followed by a vigorous practice designed to help you cleanse your body and open your heart to the freedom and empowerment of teaching yoga. Over the course of 6 months, you will learn how to:
• Inspire your students by connecting to, and teaching from, your own heart’s wisdom.
• Be emotionally intelligent and present with your students by observing and empathizing with their needs.
• Effectively sequence for, and safely adjust, all levels of students – from beginner to advanced.
• Incorporate “themes” that help students integrate their experience in class into their daily life.
• Feel confident working with common conditions and injuries.
• Create a supportive, caring, and healing environment in your classes.
• Improve your personal practice by designing sequences tailored to your daily needs.
September 13th, 2014 – March 1st, 2015
6:00-9:00AM and 11:00AM – 5PM
6:00-9:00AM and 11:00AM – 4PM
13th – 14th, and 27th – 28th
11th – 12th and 25th – 26th
8th – 9th and 22nd – 23rd
6th – 7th
10th – 11th and 24th – 25th
7th – 8th, 21st – 22nd, and 28th
Individual Morning Session available, Saturday and Sundays, 6:00 – 9:00am.
$2850 if paid in full by August 15th,
$2950 after. Non-refundable deposit of $500 due upon registration.
Balance due by September 5th, 2014.
$3050 Payment Plan
Individual Morning Sessions: $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
Open to students of all levels interested in teaching others and/or taking their practice to the next level.